Saturday, November 14, 2009

Singhala Lesson

I started working on the new book, which is the writing part. It's about grade 2 level. Just like Japanese and English, writing in Singhala is quite different from speaking. I find it quite difficult, but the only good thing is that I can write. However, there are some letters that has got similar sound with the others, so I usually get confused which one to use... Sometimes if I use the different letter for writing, even though it has got similar pronounciation, a word becomes tortally different meaning, so I have to be carefull with writing. It's a lot harder than speaking and reading. First I need to be able to know what is the sound of the letter when I'm writing. One D sound has got something like "Dah", but then other D sound pronouce it as "Duh". So I have to listen carefully if I were to copy down what people are saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment