Friday, February 19, 2010

Week Without Wall 2010 to Hambantota

9th February 2010

We have arrived to the school in the morning. It took about 30 ~ 40 minutes from the hotel. Children gave us a warm welcome with a flower on their hands. Mr. De Silva and Christina helped us with translation. I have no idea why I couldn't use my Sinhala, after spending my Saturdays learning Sinhala with my tutor... (tears)
Before we started off, we had a bit of interaction with them, by playing duck-duck-goose and a relay for about 20 minutes.
We started painting the walls, both inside and outside, also the playing ground for 2.30 hours until the lunch has come to us. We were told how to get started by the school staff before we came, so we were ready for it.
We had lunch from 12.30 to 13.00, and started working again and we finished at 3.10. p.m. We spent 5 hours 20 minutes of service today. While we were resting, mothers of the children brought us king coconuts. I didn't have it since I had my water with me.
Some of us had difficulties with painting... I don't understand why, but I just kept on painting, painting, and painting and painting... It was actually fun, and I didn't get tired of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment