Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Badminton

Monday badminton practice, in replacement for tomorrow's practice, because there's a three way conference in the school and we will not be able to practice.
Not many participated, and it was disappointing, however, I believe I became good at hitting back the opponent's smash. I practiced with Mr. De Silva, who was on the other side of the court and Yuko and I had our space as doubles. His shuttlecock was unpredictable and I had to be ready for any kind of shuttlecock he is sending to me.
I noticed that my eyes are on the shuttlecock, as well as on opponent's arm, more than their movement. It's a good sign, because then I'm more focused and know where to send the shuttlecock to. Mr. De Silva is good at playing tricks, such as pretends to send the shuttlecock back, but actually intended to give a drop shot. Therefore it's a good practice for me to read opponent's movement and to read their mind, and where and what kind of next shot is coming.
Yuko and I are the playing doubles, but I'm still finding it difficult. I used to play back, but as she stood in the middle most of the time, it was difficult to play, and still hasn't improved. So today, I tried to play in front, which worked better for me, but seems she found it difficult and prefered to play in front. We still need to work a lot. Since the day I hit her head, there seems to be a bit of anxious and fear in between us, which I think is the reason why we are moving like a heavy rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment