Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Badminton

My third practice today. I saw most of the members for the first time. We started off with stretch, then warming up (running), then paired up to just hitting the shuttlecock up high.
I had a great opportunity to have a match with Uthpala, but I started off the game with 11 points, then he had 5 points, so obviously I had some advantages. I managed to pick up some of his smashes, which was great! I was also able to trick him once or twice, and he complimented me, which is another 'great'! For some reason I wasn't tired at all, and I felt like keep playing until I can feel the tireness, but I had to stop...
I was chosen to play single (ww... so much pressure!), and today was the last practice before the match on Friday at British School from 3.30, so I guess I really have to do everything I can to prepare for it. I don't feel like loosing.
I learned that doubles is harder to play, when I played with someone I have never paired up with before. However, I played doubles with Yuko first, and then with Uthpala afterwards, and I felt really comfortable with pairing with both of them. So if I could play a doubles with Yuko, I would love to, except she's in MUN, so I guess I won't... I think this was a good lesson for me to learn about the trust and to know each other well to show a really good performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment