Saturday, October 24, 2009

Singhala Lesson

I haven't started working on the new book today, since my brother had to cancel the lesson, so I wrote down the Singhala alphabet. They are actually hard to write, because of the balance, style, and the writing changes with different pronounceation. Unlike Japanese letters, Singhalese use the same letter for one particular sound, and combine small bits with the first letter. a, e, i, o, u are the same, but the writing will be different. For example, a K sound. They write Ka, and then Kaa, which is the long sound. In the first Ka, they put a curve line right next to the letter. What they put are different depend on the letters, so it was still difficult for me to write. It's easy for me to read the letter, but not the writing part, so I must practice on that. I still have to improve!

No comments:

Post a Comment